Before you come to Poland, you may want to read up on some basics.
Visa Information - see if you need a visa to travel to Poland
Useful thelephone numbers - just in case
How to get to Poland - airports and ferry routes
Food and Drink - see what culinary delights await you
Public Holidays - what and when the Poles celebrate
A Travel Check List
Traveling is always a big undertaking requiring special planning and forecasting. Our list below may help you prepare for a trip or holiday.
- Take your passport and check its expiry date
- Make a copy of the main pages of your passport
- Check if you need a visa
- Check if your credit cards are valid
- Change currency if necessary
- Take out travel insurance for your family and take the policy number and a phone number for Assistance
- Check the availability of roaming with your provider
- Pack your phone charger
- Pack your medications
- Pack your camera
- Take a phrase book
- Check the weather forecast at your destination
- If you are not taking your pet with you, make sure he is well cared for when you are away
- Check if you need power adapters
- Buy a house insurance
- Check the alarm
- Turn off the heating / air conditioning
- Dispose of garbage
- Water the flowers
- Check if windows and doors are closed and locked
- Disconnect / check gas and water supply
- Leave a set of keys with your neighbour
Traveling by plane
- Check the location of the destination airport
- Confirm the date and time of your departure and arrival
- Consider the weight of your luggage
- Sign your luggage tag
- Check the transfer from the airport to your destination
- Check for car rental companies at the airport
- Observe the hand luggage restrictions
Traveling by car
- Plan your journey, choose a route
- Pack your drivers licence
- Check if your car has had all necessary technical inspections
- Check the validity of your car insurance
- Borrow / check the roof box, a trailer, a child seat
- Check the contents of the car first aid kit. car. It is not mandatory to have it in Poland, but, it may come useful. It should include: first aid instructions, sterile gauze, plasters, bandage, elastic band, disinfectant, mouthpiece for mouth-to-mouth, latex gloves, safety pin, scissors.
- Check the validity of the car fire extinguisher
- Take a reflective vest, a warning triangle, a spare wheel and a jack
- Take a road map
- Get to know the road markings, signs and general road traffic regulations in the country you are going to
- Fill up windscreen fluid
- If you are taking a bicycle - check it well. Don't forget the helmet.
- If you are taking any water or winter sports equipment - check its condition.
Traveling with children
- Prepare games to make traveling fun for the kids
- Pack your portable DVD player - useful for playing fairy tales
- Pack their favorite toys
- Provide favorite snacks and drinks
- Pack medication for motion sickness
- Pack the diapers, extra clothes, wet wipes, milk
- Take medical records
- Pack plasters and painkillers
Traveling with pets
- Have the pet checked by a vet, get necessary vaccinations
- Find out what are the rules for entry of animals into the country of destination
- Take the animal transporter or make room for it in the car where he could travel. Don't forget about the car harness
- Bring a water bottle with water, a bowl and snacks
- Take the leash, the harness and the muzzle
- Take down the full address, telephone number, GPS coordinates
- Check how to get there from the airport
- Is there wifi ?
- Is it near the ATM?
- Is it possible to pay with credit card ?
- Are there facilities for children ?
- Can I bring pets?
Have a safe journey!